Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Cloaked


I've got a folder on my computer of "cool photos" where I put pics that I think are interesting and some that might make good painting subjects. Case in point, this painting was done from a photo of the daughter of a friend of mine (Hi Rachel!) at a science fiction con where she was trying on a cloak. Costumes at cons seldom look too good especially in the flourescent glare of a crowded convention floor, but in this case she made it look just right. In fact, I'm thinking she should wear cloaks all the time;)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey cool! It's me!!!!! This is awesome Mike! <3
I actually OWN one now because I got my neighbor, Pat to make me one.
I have photos here: Arisia 2007 Cloak and stuff It's pretty fancy!

Anyway, awesome painting :P
-Rachel

Michael Dooney said...

Nice! It's good that you have your own cloak now just in case you need to go on an emergency magical quest or something ;)

Tallulah29 said...

Hey, Mike That is most beautiful of my lovely Rachel! She looks good Dooneyized!