Monday, October 27, 2008

BUY THIS BOOK!


Just got my copy of the new book on J.C. Leyendecker. I have to say that it almost made me cry, it's that good. I admire people who can do things well but his ability was just staggering. Every painting was beautifully crafted...no duds ever.
This is the kind of book that I dream about...in depth, beautifully designed, and FULL COLOR on one of my all time favorite artists. With the exception of several pages of thumbnail magazine covers, almost all of the art is reproduced full page from the actual paintings, NOT the printed magazine covers. If you ever thought his work was impressive before, to see the paintings in vibrant color is awe inspiring. Go order it now, I'll wait.

3 comments:

~ tOkKa said...

-->> ..Leyendecker became fundamental when i was trapped in design.

(( Then again the choas of everything i do is so far in another galaxy than his craft .))

..Definite see the inspiration from him rubbed off especially into your finer painted work and Mollys. It's pretty obvious.


I'll take a look at it ..least att he library if i can't get it.

so you just got it ??

>v<

PL said...

Mike, I just bought this book too. It's fantastic! Leyendecker's work is sublime. -- PL

Michael Dooney said...

I'm thinking I should fill my barn up with copies of this book so when the sad day comes that it is out of print, I can supply the next generation of fans with this must have book ;)